Your local and independent home surveyor
Our contact details
The type of personal information we collect
• Personal online identifiers, such as your contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details – email and/or postal address).
How we get the personal information and why we have it
• Using or enquiring for our services.
• Making a complaint to ourselves.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• Assess your enquiry and offering our services.
• Confirming appointments and meetings.
• Processing payments.
• Publishing of customer feedback and reviews.
• Operating, monitoring and improving our services and website.
• Complying with Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) regulatory
requirements and as may be required by applicable laws, regulations or requested by any judicial process.
• Processing and managing complaints, any general enquiries and data subject rights request.
We do not sell but may share this information we collect, as required to provide our service to you with:
• Formally contracted service providers such as cloud services and hosting data centre services that we use to provide our service to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Sophie Summerfield, Company Administrator, 1 Bundy Grove, Downton, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 3FP or by email; email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our cloud service. We keep personal information for 14 years. We will then dispose your information by removing it from our cloud service.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Sophie Summerfield, Company Administrator, 1 Bundy Grove, Downton, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP5 3FP or by email; firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Sophie Summerfield, Company Administrator, 1 Bundy Grove, Downton, Wiltshire SP5 3FP or by email; email@example.com
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.